The Genesis Parent Access Portal is a safe and secure way to view your child's school record for the current school year. This new tool will help improve communication about student progress and attendance and allow the school and home to work together more closely to ensure student success. Some of the features we will be rolling out in the coming months with the new Parent Access Portal will enable you to:
- View grades for individual assignments as they are inputted by the teacher into his/her gradebook
- Monitor daily attendance records in "real time"
- Print grade and attendance reports for your child(ren)
- Use links to initiate emails to teachers
- View comments made by teachers
Your email address will be your User Name for the system. You will need only one account to access all of your child/children's records, even if your children attend multiple schools in the district.
- Update phone and email contacts for you and your child(ren)
User Names and passwords are to be kept confidential. The District is not responsible should unauthorized users gain access to student information as a result of a password being shared/stolen by another person. Although the Parent Access Portal is easy to set up and will work on many computing devices over most Internet connections, the District accepts no responsibility for providing technical support for personal computer equipment. By agreeing to use this system, users release the District and its employees from any claims and damages stemming from the inability to use the system for any reason.
Logging into the Genesis Parent Access Portal is very simple:
- Go to the Parent Access Portal login page
- Enter your Email Address in the 'User Name' field
- Enter your Password in the 'Password' field.
- Click the 'Login' button.
Logging In for the First Time
The very first time you login you will be required to change your password.
What if I forget my password?
If you forget your password, you should contact your child's school's main office.
It is important to log out of the Parent Access Portal properly. To log out, click on the Log Out button in the upper right corner of any screen.
Why log out? Why not just close the browser?
Closing the browser without logging out leaves your session open on the Genesis servers. This creates a potential security hole that only you can close: Be secure, always log out properly. In this era of Internet access, it is important to always properly close your sessions so that unauthorized persons cannot gain access to your information. This applies not only to Genesis, but to every Internet/Web application you use.
There are 4 main sections in the Parent Access Portal: Home, Student Data, Contacts and Settings.
The information and options available in each section are detailed in this User Guide.
User settings, such as changing your password and selecting a different default Home Screen can be modified in the User Profile section.
To change your password, enter your current password. Then enter your new password, enter it again to confirm, then click the Save button.
The Home section has 2 sections: Message Center and Alerts.
Any messages from your student's school will appear in this section.
Alerts are not currently enabled in the Parent Portal.
The default screen upon logging in is the Student Data > Summary screen. You will see a 'summary' for every student linked to your login.
Each student's 'summary' contains the following information:
- Basic information about the student: student id, homeroom, grade, age. If you are viewing the screen during the school day, you will also see information about the class your student is in 'right now': current class, current teacher and current room.
- Your student's schedule. The class the student is in 'right now' is highlighted in green.
- The student's attendance summary for the current week – this shows you a color coded attendance code for each of the week.
- Assignment summary for the current week – how many are due each day.
The Selected Student
Only one student can be 'selected' at one time. When you 'select' a student, that student's information will appear when any of the additional tabs are clicked. Changing the Selected Student The name of the currently selected student is displayed in the 'Select Student' dropdown at the top of the screen. To pick a different student, click the 'Select Student' dropdown and choose the name of the student you want to select. Once you have done that, the tabs will take you to the newly selected student's information.
The 'Select Student' Drop Down
This drop down list contains the names of all the students that you have access to. If you are missing a student, please contact the main office of your child's school.
Attendance has two sub-sections: Daily Attendance and Class Attendance.
Daily Attendance is your child's official daily attendance.
This is your student's Daily Attendance summary for the whole school year.
- The Attendance Calendar with each day color coded
- A summary of the student's Attendance for the year
- The 'Legend' of Attendance codes.
If your child is in Valley View and has separate courses, Class Attendance shows you their attendance for each separate subject. You must click the 'Class Attendance' tab to find this information. (This will not be active until we return to an all in-person schedule)
The Class Attendance screen shows you your student's Class Attendance summary for each of their separate subjects. One month is displayed at a time and the screen always starts by showing you the current month's attendance. You may select any month you wish.
- Class attendance is listed by each school day in the month and shows which classes the student may have missed on each day. Each day for each subject is color-coded.
- The 'Legend' of color-coded Attendance codes is shown at upper right.
- Along the right side of the screen there is a separate summary for each subject for the entire school year, divided by Marking Periods.
Parent Portal Instructions for Attendance Notes
You have two locations in the portal where you can notify the Attendance Office of an upcoming absence.
1. A hyperlink on the Student Summary page that says “Notify Attendance Office”
2. Under Attendance > Notify Attendance Office On the Notify Attendance Office page in the Portal, you will be able to choose whether the student will be absent or tardy. You can choose one date or a date range.
It is important to include the reason for the absence in the comment box. Once you hit the “Submit to Office” button, the school can see your request. This screen will maintain a historical record of all notifications submitted.
Please note that the Grading section indicates overall marking period grades, not individual assignment grades. Grading has two sub-sections: Current Grades and Available Report Cards.
This screen summarizes your student's Report Card grades for the current year. The current Marking Period is highlighted in green.Each box shows the grade and comment codes that your student has received in the corresponding class for the selected Marking Period. If there is a comment, you can view it by using the comment codes or by placing your cursor over it (the text will appear in a tooltip).
You can also view your student's most recent report card by clicking on the link directly below the student's name.
Available Report Cards
This section has links to PDF versions of all available report cards and progress reports.
The Gradebook has information about current grades and assignments. It contains two sub-sections: Weekly Summary and List of Assignments
A list of Courses with Assignments by Day of the Current Week
This screen lists all courses your child is currently taking.
Marking Period Averages for the Courses
The "Avg" column shows you your student's current Marking Period average – for the current or a previous Marking Period.
Viewing all Assignments for One Course
To see all of the Assignments for one course, click on the highlighted course name. That will take you to the "One Course/All Assignments" screen.
Viewing all Assignments for a Selected Day
To see all of the Assignments for one day (for example, Tuesday), click on the highlighted day name. That will take you to the "One Day/All Assignments" screen.
Choosing the Marking Period Average to Display
The "Avg" column always starts by displaying your student's up-to-date Marking Period average for the current Marking Period.
You can check on their average for a previous Marking Period by using the dropdown in the "Avg" column header:
Please note that if you tab away from this screen and then return, the averages for the current MP will once again be displayed.
List of Assignments
This screen will allow you to look at your child's Assignments in multiple ways. The controls at the top of the screen let you select by the following criteria:
- Courses – Select one subject or all subjects
- Graded Assignments – Assignments that have been graded.
- Ungraded Assignments – Assignments that the teacher has not yet graded.
- Incomplete Assignments – Assignments the student has partially but not completely finished.
- Missed Assignments – All assignments the student failed to turn in or do.
- Assignments the student has not yet completed because they were absent on the due date. An assignment is marked "Absent" if the student is absent on the day it is due. This option shows all assignments currently marked "Absent".
- Assignment Due Date – Select a date. This date can be interpreted as the single date you selected or as the week which contains the date you selected or as the month.
- Show Assignment Dates – This lets you choose the time period to view assignments for:
- "One day" – the Assignments for the date selected in Assignment Due Date.
- "Week of" - the Assignments for the week which contains the date selected in Assignment Due Date.
- "Month" - the Assignments for the month which contains the date selected in Assignment Due Date.
- "MP1" – All assignments for Marking Period 1, and so on for each Marking Period.
The Contacts screen allows you to view and update the contact information for your students. If you do not have permission to update the Contact information directly, you will not see the fields and buttons described here.
What is listed on the Contact Management Screen?
The Contacts screen lists all telephone and email contact information for:
The Contacts screen lists each contact, and shows which students are attached to the contact.
Viewing and Printing Contact Information for all Students linked to your Account
To print a copy of all of the contact information found on the Contacts screen for one student, click the PDF icon next to the student's name. This opens a PDF report that you should be able to print.
Updating Information for a Contact
Each section contains information for a single Contact:
Each "Contact" represents one person in a student's life (e.g. Mother, Grandmother, Uncle), or a single organization (e.g. Doctor's practice, Hospital).
Updating a Contact's Email and Phone Numbers
You can do three things to the email addresses and phone numbers:
Editing an existing contact
To edit an existing contact’s phone or email address, click the Edit button associated with the contact. This will open all of the phone and email fields to allow for modifications. To delete a phone number or email, click the red Delete button next to the phone/email you want to remove.
Adding a phone number or email address
To add a new phone number or email address for an existing contact, click the ‘Add’ button below the contact’s phone and email. Then pop up will ask if you want to ‘Add Phone’ or ‘Add Email.’ Follow the appropriate prompts to add the needed information.
Adding a New Contact
If you have permission to add contacts, you will see a green ‘Create Contact’ button at the bottom of the Contacts tab.
After clicking ‘Create Contact,’ enter the following fields:
Is the person an Emergency Contact for your child? Do you want them to be contacted in an emergency?
Does this person have permission to pick up the student?
Which students should be associated with this contact?
Once you have entered all the information, click the "Add Contact" button to add a new Contact. Then click the ‘Add’ button associated with the new contact to enter phone number(s) and email address.
Changing or Deleting an Existing Contact
If you have permission to update information for a contact, there will be an "Options" button in the top line of the contact's information. To update the name information for a contact or to delete the contact entirely, click on this button:
When you click on "Options," a new popup window appears with three choices:
Remember to click the "Save All Changes" button whenever you add or modify information.